For the purposes of citizens’ communications and public hearings held during the course of a Board of Managers meeting, the Board will follow the guidelines set out below:
- Any person may speak during the Citizens’ Communication portion of any Central Health Board of Managers meeting at which Citizens’ Communication appears on the agenda and during any public hearing that is posted as such.
- In advance of speaking, an individual must complete a sign-in sheet that includes the person’s name, address and organization being represented, if applicable. At the individual’s option, he or she may provide a telephone number and email address.
- The Chairperson or presiding officer will call speakers in the order in which they are listed on the sign-in sheet.
- Each speaker has a limit of three (3) minutes.
- Each speaker may address the Board only one time during any particular Citizens’ Communication or the particular public hearing.
- A speaker may not “donate” his or her three minutes or any part thereof to another speaker.
- A speaker does not have the right to speak if he or she signs in after Citizens’ Communication or the public hearing is closed. The hearing will be closed once the last individual who has signed-in has spoken.
- Depending on the number of persons wishing to speak, the Chairperson or presiding officer may, in his or her discretion, impose additional procedural guidelines on the time and/or manner of speaker’s presentations to ensure the efficient and effective conduct of the meeting.
Due to the restrictive nature of the Open Meetings Act and to fulfill proper notice of meeting requirements, the board is restricted from discussing any item that is not posted on the agenda for that meeting. Therefore, the board may be unable to address your comments and thus Citizens’ Communication is most usually a one-way communication vehicle. However, a Central Health staff member may follow up with you regarding the topic of your communication as appropriate.
Members of the public who attend a meeting of the Board of Managers at which citizen communication or public comment is invited and who require consecutive interpretation from Spanish to English should communicate their need with the staff member at the front desk when they arrive for the meeting. Thank you.
Aquellos miembros del público que asistan a una reunión de la Junta de Directores en la que los ciudadanos puedan comunicarse y hacer comentarios y que requieran interpretación consecutiva del español al inglés, deberán informar sobre sus necesidades al personal de la recepción al llegar a la reunión.Gracias.