Central Health

Health care for all.

Learn More

How to Get Health Care

Are you trying to find health care for you or your family?

If you are a resident of Travis County and do not already have Medicaid, Medicare, private health insurance or receive supplementary security income (SSI) you might qualify for the Medical Access Program (MAP) or other healthcare options.

Call (512) 978-8130 to find out.

Medical Access Program - Logo (small)To qualify for full benefits under the Medical Access Program (MAP), residents must be at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline (FPIG). Elderly or disabled residents must be at or below 200% FPIG.

Overview of the Medical Access Program (MAP)

2015 Poverty Guidelines

Persons in family/householdPoverty guideline
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,160 for each additional person.

Community residents at or below 200% FPIG who do not qualify for MAP full-benefit coverage may receive primary care services through our health care partners on a sliding fee scale program that determines cost for care based on annual income.

For Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)/Medicaid information, click here.

Other healthcare options for uninsured and underinsured individuals in Travis County can be accessed by clicking Additional Resources.

Call 512-978-8130 for assistance with any questions.

Visit CHeligibility.net for more information on eligibility requirements and to find out if you might be eligible for coverage programs.