Do I qualify?
MAP provides health care coverage for Travis County residents with low income, who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare and do not have private insurance
MAP and MAP BASIC are not federal programs.
All uninsured Travis County residents are encouraged to apply, regardless of their U.S. residency status.
Enrolling in MAP or MAP BASIC will not impact your path to a green card.
If you are at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level you may qualify for full benefits under the Medical Access Program. Elderly and disabled residents may qualify up to 200% of the FPL
If you are at or below 200% FPL who do not qualify for MAP full-benefit coverage may qualify for MAP BASIC, which provides a more limited level of services.
You might also qualify for primary care services through our health care partners on a sliding fee scale program that determines the cost for care based on annual income.
All uninsured Travis County uninsured residents eligible for MAP and MAP BASIC should continue to enroll without fear of impacting their path to a green card.
2022 Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
- $13,590 for individuals
- $18,310 for a family of 2
- $23,030 for a family of 3
- $27,750 for a family of 4
- $32,470 for a family of 5
- $37,190 for a family of 6
- $41,910 for a family of 7
- $46,630 for a family of 8
Required Documents to Submit with Your Application
How To Apply for MAP
- Online: apply4map.net
- Over the phone by calling 512-978-8130
- Download a paper application, fill it out, and mail it in:
- Make an appointment by calling 512-978-8130 and apply in person (NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all MAP Eligibility offices are closed)