Do I qualify?
MAP provides health care coverage for Travis County residents with low income, who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare and do not have private insurance
MAP and MAP BASIC are not federal programs.
All uninsured Travis County residents are encouraged to apply, regardless of their U.S. residency status.
Enrolling in MAP or MAP BASIC will not impact your path to a green card.
If you are at or below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level you may qualify for full benefits under the Medical Access Program. Elderly and disabled residents may qualify up to 200% of the FPL
If you are at or below 200% FPL who do not qualify for MAP full-benefit coverage may qualify for MAP BASIC, which provides a more limited level of services.
You might also qualify for primary care services through our health care partners on a sliding fee scale program that determines the cost for care based on annual income.
All uninsured Travis County uninsured residents eligible for MAP and MAP BASIC should continue to enroll without fear of impacting their path to a green card.
2021 Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
- $12,880 for individuals
- $17,420 for a family of 2
- $21,960 for a family of 3
- $26,500 for a family of 4
- $31,040 for a family of 5
- $35,580 for a family of 6
- $40,120 for a family of 7
- $44,660 for a family of 8
Required Documents to Submit with Your Application
PROOF THAT YOU LIVE IN TRAVIS COUNTY.
– Current Texas driver’s license
– Utility bill
– Mail postmarked in the last 30 days
ANY PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR RESIDENCY FOR YOUR HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS (INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT LEGAL RESIDENCY STATUS CAN SELF-DECLARE THEIR STATUS).
– Birth certificate
– Legal Permanent Resident Card
– Other USCIS documents
PICTURE ID FOR ALL ADULTS IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
– State-issued driver’s license
– Foreign ID
– USCIS document
PROOF YOU ARE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF ALL CHILDREN IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
– Birth certificate
– Adoption papers
– Legal guardianship papers
– Court documents
PROOF OF ANY OTHER HEALTH CARE BENEFITS FOR WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED, BEEN DENIED, OR HAVE A PENDING APPLICATION.
– Medicaid enrollment verification letter
– Medicare card
– Private insurance card
– Denial letter for Medicaid or CHIP
– Letter from Social Security Administration indicating pending application
– Letter indicating pending application for TANF / Medicaid
PROOF OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD’S INCOME.
– Cash contribution letter
– Retirement or Social Security benefits letter
– Unemployment benefits letter
– Child support payment letter
– Self-Employment Statement
– MAP’s Residence and/or Financial Support Statement
– MAP’s Employment Verification Form
|– Applicant Responsibilities
– Zero Income Statement
– Other Earned Income Statement
How To Apply for MAP
- Online: apply4map.net
- Over the phone by calling 512-978-8130
- Download a paper application, fill it out, and mail it in:
- Make an appointment by calling 512-978-8130 and apply in person (NOTE: Due to COVID-19 all MAP Eligibility offices are closed)