Central Health

Health care for all.

Learn More

Do I Qualify?

MAP provides health care coverage for Travis County residents with low income, who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare and do not have private insurance.

To get more information or find out if you qualify call the Central Health Customer Service at 512-978-8130 Monday-Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm.

A Customer Service representative will need to ask you some questions to determine if you qualify for MAP. Some of the things you may be asked about are:

  • Address
  • Family size
  • Income
  • Insurance

MAP and MAP BASIC are not federal programs therefore are not impacted by the Federal Government “Public Charge” regulation.

All uninsured Travis County uninsured residents eligible for MAP and MAP BASIC should continue to enroll without fear of impacting their path to a green card.

Begin your application

You can now apply for MAP online!

Apply Now


You can also begin the application process by calling 512-978-8130. Once you have been pre-qualified you will be asked to come to an appointment with and eligibility specialist to complete your application. The Central Health Customer Service Representative will schedule a MAP eligibility appointment for you. We have several locations in Travis County.

Documents to Bring

You will need to bring certain documents to your appointment. Click below for a list of documents we will need before we can determine if you are eligible.

Documents needed to apply for MAP

What do I need to bring to my in-person appointment?

Proof that you live in Travis County.

Examples include:
- Current Texas driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Mail postmarked in the last 30 days

Any proof of U.S. citizenship or residency for your household members.

Examples include:
- Birth certificate
- Legal Permanent Resident Card
- Passport
- Other USCIS documents

Picture ID for all adults in your household.

Examples include:
- State-issued driver’s license
- Foreign ID
- USCIS document
- Passport

Proof you are the parent or legal guardian of all children in your household.

Examples include:
- Birth certificate
- Adoption papers
- Legal guardianship papers
- Court documents

Proof of any other health care benefits for which you have been approved, been denied, or have a pending application.

Examples include:
- Medicaid enrollment verification letter
- Medicare card
- Private insurance card
- Denial letter for Medicaid or CHIP
- Letter from Social Security Administration indicating pending application
- Letter indicating pending application for TANF / Medicaid

Proof of your household’s income.

Examples include:
-Check stubs
- Cash contribution letter
- Retirement or Social Security benefits letter
- Unemployment benefits letter
- Child support payment letter
- Self-Employment Statement
- Residence and/or Financial Support Form
- Employment Verification Form

Other forms

- Applicant Responsibilities
- Zero Income Statement
- Income with no Tax Deductions
- Birth Certificate and ID Form

If you do not have any of the listed documents call the Central Health Customer Service Call Center at 512-978-8130 for other documents you may bring.

Leave a Reply