Del Valle Health & Wellness Center
The Del Valle Health & Wellness Center will replace the existing CommUnityCare Del Valle Health Center and bring wellness programs to Del Valle and its surrounding communities. The design will foster mental and physical wellbeing while building community among Southeast Travis County residents.
Get Care Now
While Central Health is working with health care providers community partners and community members to move this project forward, residents can get care at the CommUnityCare Del Valle Health Center and the CommUnityCare Mobile Health Clinic in Creedmoor.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Health Del Valle Health & Wellness Center will bring expanded clinical services to Del Valle and its surrounding communities. The center will foster mental and physical well-being among Southeast Travis County residents.
7050 Elroy Road (adjacent to Popham Elementary School)
- Primary care
- Dental care
- Integrated mental health
- Retail pharmacy
DATA & DEMOGRAPHICS
- As reported in the Central Health 2020 Demographic Report, the total population of Del Valle is 21,672.
- Of all households in Del Valle, 27.8% (1,678 households) are below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Central Health‘s population, including MAP/MAP BASIC members, account for 19.8% (4,289 individuals) of the total population in Del Valle.
- 4% of Central Health‘s population residing in the Del Valle area have utilized health services in the last year.
- The percent of Latino residents in Del Valle is 73.5%, or 15,938 individuals, which is more than double the Travis County rate of Latino residents.
- Of the total population of Latino residents in Del Valle, 84.4%, or 3,622 individuals, are members of Central Health‘s population.
- The percent of Black residents in Del Valle is 11%, or 2,383 individuals, which is 2.7% higher than the Travis County rate of Black residents.
- Of the total population of Black residents in Del Valle, 2.5%, or 106 individuals, are members of Central Health enrollees.
Diabetes and hypertension prevalence rates among Central Health enrollees in the Del Valle area are higher than the prevalence rate for these conditions as compared to all Travis County Central Health enrollees.
The average number of households without a vehicle is nearly a third of the county rate.
In 2015, Central health formed the Eastern Travis County Health and Wellness Collaboration to address challenges in the area. Central Health and partners implemented immediate, short-term solutions to expand health care services in this community – while planning a permanent health and wellness center.
- In November 2017, Central Health and Central Health-affiliated CommUnityCare Health Centers opened the Del Valle Health Center in the Travis County Employee Wellness Clinic. In July 2018, Central Health and CommUnityCare launched a shuttle service pilot to help Elroy residents get to their medical appointments.
- In September 2018, Central Health and CommUnityCare adopted the Fiscal Year 2019 budget, which included an estimated $3.49 million for priority projects in Eastern Travis County, including Del Valle.
- In June 2019, Central Health, CommUnityCare, and community members celebrated the opening of the mobile health clinic at the Creedmoor Community Center (12511 FM 1625, Creedmoor, TX 78610), offering primary care, preventive care, vaccines, lab services, chronic disease management, and limited pharmacy services.
- In September 2020, Central Health bought 2.5 acres at 7050 Elroy Road in Southeast Travis County to build a new health and wellness center.
- In November 2020, CommUnityCare presented its service delivery considerations for new Eastern Travis County health centers to the Central Health Board of Manager’s Eastern Crescent Subcommittee; Central Health took these considerations into account as staff developed a project plan for the Del Valle Health & Wellness Center.
- In December 2020, Central Health began working with an architect and engineering firm, O’Connell Robertson for the health and wellness center’s conceptual and schematic designs.
The images below are preliminary building renderings and do not reflect the final look of the property.